Chad, Jessica, Jet and Aijiahlyn

Monday, August 5, 2013

A good fitness ramble...feels good

I feel too good NOT to blog.  I am a firm believer of writing or recording thoughts in the moment, ESPECIALLY the good moments, because it reflects in your tone.  You choose words that convey the emotion much better than if you try to catch up later when the excitement has dwindled.  Even still, I wish I could have written an hour ago when I was at my highest high, but, I'm still feelin' awresome, so I'm not going to let this time pass me by.  When I write at times like this, and I read it back to myself on a low day, it inspires me and perks me up.  So, here's to my future self on a bad day : )

I was back in my groove today.  Once again, the perfect morning has come to pass.  Chad and I, well, our family, started a new nightly routine last night, and a new morning routine this morning.  He has already worked out, and so have I.  It's awesome.  He's already read his scriptures.  We had family prayer last night, we stretched together, we talked about the day, the house got tidied, etc.  All those little things that you put off because you don't want to get up, got done. 

This morning, we BOTH woke up early.  I kicked booty on my hiit workouts.  Honestly, I was dripping sweat, which I LOVE, because I know I pushed myself.  It's so funny how far I've come with hiit.  I used to be so nervous before each workout, I would lollygag until I finally got the gusto to just do it.  Then when I was doing it, it wasn't that bad.  Now, I really look forward to it.  It's still hard when you're getting warmed up, your body just doesn't want to do it yet, but once you get going, it's awesome!  Just fyi, the workouts are short.  Long workouts still intimidate me.  Then when you're done you feel like a stud, you're on an energy high, and you think so clearly, and you have so much more oomph to get things done.  It's like getting my batteries charged.  ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzttttttttt!  BOOM!  PuMPED uP!!!  I learned that after you exercise, more blood goes to the reasoning centers of the brain, so you think more clearly....that's why it's easier to make better choices (like healthy food choices) after your workout.  I am starting to write my workouts down in a journal.  I'm excited to look back and see my progress.  Fun!  I gotta admit, Sundays are tough because I don't workout, and I feel sluggish throughout the day, and I never feel FULLY energized.  I don't like it.  But, it's a day of rest and I do enjoy using that freed up time to read more scriptures etc.

Before I was done, Jet and Chad went golfing with Grandpa.  Lucky me, I've only had Aijah all morning.  EASY!  I took her for a 3 1/2 mile run.  Well, holy moly, pushing a single stroller is SOOO much easier than a double, at least the one we have.  I could actually get in a groove.  I didn't have to answer Jet's questions (not that I hate to, it's just impossible to get lost in the run, which is fine, I still really like taking him too) in between breaths.  Aijahlyn was laughing and looking all over.  She loved it.  I hadn't ever taken her solo.  I just told her, "Aijah, we are going to be soul mates."  Jet and I are adventure buddies no doubt, but Aijah and I, I can already tell, all going to be besties.  Let's face it, Chad has Jet wrapped around his finger, and I have Aijah around mine.  We love them both equally, but Jet clings to Chad, and Aijah clings to me.  I haven't run that long in awhile, so I felt proud, even got some good intervals in.  I got a honk...lol....Chad and I always tease our friend who has told us he runs purposely on busy streets with his shirt off so he can get honks.  "I need my honks, Durf!"  lol.  When I heard it the honk, I just laughed, because I was in really dorky bright running clothes because all my others were dirty.

Anyway, I haven't been able to get in a running groove for awhile because of my knee, but my knee is almost better!!!    There is something about running, that wakes me up in every way.  I have great thoughts, I'm excited about the day, about life, I get ideas, I let loose, I feel free.  Don't get me wrong, it's not always like that, but it's worth staying in running shape to get one of those runs once a week or more.  This may sound sad, but this winter we went sledding in the mountains.  It was a long drive etc, and when we were done I thought, "I would have had more fun running."  I still loved going, but running is funner!

I feel like me again.  The kitchen is very usable now, not done, but pretty much, and now I can run again.  We are getting our house in order in every way, budget, routines, organization, it is all just feeling great.  I might give my best effort at being Chad's personal trainer.  I have always helped him in the past, but this time, I think I will be toughter and pretend he's a client, not a spouse!  Ah haha!

I'm excited to reach new levels of fitness, I'm excited to teach my children, I'm excited for our family routines and fun things to do togeher (Chad canceled our tv service.  I'm ecstatic.  I have been hating tv lately.  Bleck) I'm excited to tackle each day.

PS I LOVE SUMMER.  Last week we had a wake-up call with overcast weather.  Boo!  I had started not appreciating the summer weather.  Oh, it's heaven.  It's so lovely to be outside and go on so many adventures, and lay in the sun, and soak your feet in water and eat watermelon and have a garden and pick blackberries and not have to bundle up and be scared to go outside.  I have been making these herb and citrus infused drinks, sometimes ginger herb with stuff from my garden ....so refreshing, but man, they aren't nearly as good on a cold day.  Nope.  

I have been recharged.  Good thing, because this is Chad's last day off in AWHILE.  Here we go.       

No comments: