Chad, Jessica, Jet and Aijiahlyn

Friday, May 15, 2009

Delivering a Baby vs. Running a Marathon

Chad and I have been taking a childbirth class at the hospital for the past few weeks to get prepped on what to expect with labor and delivery. Now that I'm more familiar with the intensity, and length, and overall oh-my-goshness of labor, I must say that I am very confident that if I can push out a baby, I can run a marathon.....NO PROBLEM! In fact, a marathon seems so enjoyable....in comparison that is. Last summer, I set a life goal of running AT LEAST one marathon some time in my life. But now that challenge of running a marathon has been diminished (somewhat), I'm thinking, I want to run one within the next few years.....FOR SURE! I'm not setting any specific dates right now because I want to enjoy the process, and I want to build up my stamina and muscles slowly to decrease chance of injury, and I know I'll need a lot of flexibility with our baby, but I'm so excited! I want to run one ASAP, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. So, I'll start with a half-marathon and go from there. So exciting!

And my gift to myself once I can start running again?....beautiful, brand new running shoes, and a nifty gadget that tracks your distance and heartrate. I'll have to take a pic of my current running shoes....Dakota chewed a hole at the toe. Good thing they're getting too worn anyway.

I love running. The other day....I was walking towards this rock-quary spot that I love, and about 1/4 mile away I started seeing all these beautiful light blue butterflies. When I got there, the sun was shining, wild irises were blooming, and dragonflies were buzzing about, their wings reflecting the sun's rays. It was as if I were in a fantasy world. I wish I had a picture to share.

2 comments:

Sean and Steph said...

you will be so awesome!!! I know you can do it, you're super dedicated and you'll be great! Let me know if you want a buddy once you start training, it's always nice to have someone to go on long runs with!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Your last comments sounded like wordsworth or all the many other nature poets- haha. It sounded beautiful though, and that is wonderful you are so athletic, Don't know what that feels like! And- I can't wait for your shower! I'm so excited!- birthing class- yowsa, sounds scary. love you!