Chad, Jessica, Jet and Aijiahlyn

Friday, June 17, 2011

A little cheering up


A few days ago, I woke up in a blue mood. I don't know why. It was really odd actually, and I couldn't escape it. Everything I thought about was negative. Looking back, it also affected my body. I was slow and hunched over. I would cry at almost anything. Yeah....so not me! Naturally, this mood affected Jet too, and he wasn't too happy either. Well, after a long, depressing day, Chad gave me an empathetic pep talk, and I decided Jet and I deserved a blackberry milkshake. So we went, and it made all the difference. Yep, that's all it took for us to snap back into our normal selves. Why didn't we do it earlier?! Oh the wonders of sugar. I love sugar!
Jet got ice cream all over his face. We had straw fights (like swords, but with straws), and I taught him how to take turns, since we only had one shake. "Okay, now it's mommy's turn." I take a long sip, during which he says, "Turn, turn, turn," the entire time, indicating that it's "Jet's turn." It was so cute.

Here are some pics from my parenting class. There were mostly boys. Jet is the oldest by a month, and the other kids are only a few months younger than that.


A few nights ago I went to Borders. Chad owed me some free time, and a bookstore sounded like the perfect place to go. I encountered these interesting books in the children's section. They are stories about people with one personality trait. I read Mr. Nobody, Mr. Worry, and Little Miss Giggles. There are over 100 books/personality traits. I couldn't help but think, which one am I? Which one are you?
I was there too! A little worse for wear by the end of the day, but enjoying myself fully.
Jet likes sharing cereal with the dogs.
A few weeks ago, we took Jet to the hospital two nights in a row. His temperature got up to 104.7. YIKES! The next day, he was throwing up and his fever was high again. It ended up being a virus, and he's 100% better. But man, those were some long nights. I got really good at making him take medicine at the right times to keep his temp. down. It made all the difference.
I lost it when I saw this sign. I know what they're trying to say, and what they mean to say, and I know they're probably trying to say it in the least amount of words but this sign really means 1 of 2 things.

1) If you are workroom staff, you must be soiled (have poopy pants) to enter.

2) This workroom is soiled, so only the staff can come in here. (soiled workroom. staff only)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

oh my gosh that fever sounds awful!!! But those milkshakes look delicious! That would cheer anyone up! Jet is sooo adorable!

Ok, 7:30 PM! Sorry I didnt clarify that, duh me! Oh man I would just LOVE to see you there!!!