Chad, Jessica, Jet and Aijiahlyn

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spidey hangouts

The other morning, the fog was thick, and the frost was just starting to melt. I took the dogs on a morning walk along our usual forested path. Every single spiderweb had been frosted, their outlines popping against the background. Simultaneously, I felt amazed and eeksy. There were spiderwebs everywhere, scattered around every few feet. I couldn’t believe it. I had been there so many times, and had only noticed a few before. Now they surrounded me. Luckily, most of the webs seemed abandoned; probably because they smelled my sweet blood and were chasing after me. I eat way too many sweets.

Well, that day, I didn’t have my camera. So, I’ve been taking it with me in the mornings, trying to recapture all that wonder. But, there hasn’t been such a day since. These pics were the closest I could get, and I’m already behind since Halloween is over.





I could have cropped Dakota out of this photo, but I like to know that she was there. If it weren't for the dogs, I wouldn't have even been out there in the first place.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh...those are so cool!

Karen K. said...

They are so beautiful. You should be able to get some good ones tomorrow morning(Friday 12th). :) I love looking at the intricacy of them. And yeah, you really don't want to know how many spiders there are near you. You really don't. ;)