Chad, Jessica, Jet and Aijiahlyn

Friday, February 22, 2013

Simplify

Today, we just stayed home.  It was nourishing and relaxing.  I didn't have to get the kids all dressed and in the car.  We didn't get tired from running errands.  I didn't feel rushed through the day with thoughts of, "I still have to do this, this and this."  I just relaxed and enjoyed my kids.  I still got some the usual chores done, but at a less hurried pace.  Jet and I made a big train track in the living room, and made different train stations that I put letters on.  He had his trains make deliveries to all the letter stations.  I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with the idea, and even more happy to keep him from playing robots or fighting for awhile.  Then we had lunch.  I love plopping him on the counter and making something with him.  We usually keep it simple, grilled cheese with different fill-ins (apples or broccoli), burritos with my home-cooked beans I keep in the freezer, (learned how to cook them from dry beans in the crock pot, no soaking, no babysitting, nothing!)  or some waffles with leftover fruit mixed in.  I had a big plate of stir-fry with peanut sauce (can't get enough of it lately).  I had time to really snuggle with Aijah.  I kept her in her diaper for 10 minutes so I could love on her mushy baby-ness.  So precious.  Jet and I had a sword fight, and for once, I actually really had fun, and not pretend fun.  lol.  It was challenging trying to block his attacks.  Thank you Adam, for getting him that foam sword, it's firm, but not painful.  

Since having 2 children, it's been all about time management.  Perhaps I've even taken it to the extreme, with trying to squeeze out every drop of productivity I can.  I have learned some good time savers, and more importantly, I've eliminated a lot of fluff from my time.  I don't watch a tv show, unless I really love it.  I read more.  I'm learning more recipes.  I try to do things that are either really important, or I really love.  No more wasting my time on things that aren't uplifting or fulfilling.  Puh!  I have a speedy make-up routine.  I get more cleaning done at night, or I'm overwhelmed the next day.  Goal setting has become a weekly habit.  I love living with goals in mind.

It's been a great day.  Now, I have a really good book to read and think about.  I've been looking forward to this.    

No comments: