Chad, Jessica, Jet and Aijiahlyn

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Get Your Nerd ON

Jet has gone BUG CRAZY. Yesterday, he would not get in our truck because he didn't want to stop investigating the ladybugs on the sidewalk. He's always looking for bugs, mostly only finding rocks, and thinking they're little bugs until he looks closer. Yesterday, we found a HUGE dragonfly.

This inspired me to have a photo shoot. Jet loved it. I found the 3D glasses we got from seeing Harry Potter, popped out the lenses, and we had nerd glasses.


His skills in funny-face making are skyrocketing, thanks to my dedicated training.




What's the term for the opposite of a Jesus freak? Cuz, I found one! This was on the way to our bug-hunting trip....so it's not totally random.


Here she is, my friends! I've never seen a red dragonfly.

Ms. Dragonfly loved the camera. She posed for long periods of time, occasionally flying off, only to return and land a few inches away. Paris Hilton bug. "What? You want my picture again? Well....okay. " :: POSE::


She gave me the eye. "You ain't got nuttin' on me."

Here comes my inner-nerd.

I loved looking at this dragonfly. Dragonflies never land long enough to get a good look at, let alone ones this unique. Later, when I downloaded my pics and could zoom in, I was more amazed. Look at those wings, and all the little details! The shine, colors, textures, the delicacy. Whenever I look around, especially when I look closely, the beauty and majesty of this world blows me away. Just the other day, I was looking at the orange I was eating and thought, "Wow, this is so amazing. Look at all the pockets of juice, just within one wedge!" Heavenly Father did not overlook one detail. I'm so grateful.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

So true. I have found that I feel closest to the Lord when enjoying nature. Everything is so perfect! K, Jet making "funny" faces is hilarious. I love that you're training him :) teehee. You are super pretty and cute, by the way!

Jenni said...

The funny face pictures are AWESOME!!!!!! Way to go Jet! And Jessica, you are SO beautiful!! I love all the pictures.

Also, if you are interested in taking over aerobics (which you're perfect for) I will totally get together with you and Brynn! Would Friday or Saturday work for you at all?!! Or even tonight after aerobics. You totally don't have to. Only if you want to, my dear :)